5 Tips to Stop Fading from Ruining Your Hair Color
Posted on January 15 2020 by Admin
Freshly colored hair never looks better than right after you leave the salon, but what if you don’t have to say goodbye to the luxurious, lustrous look so soon! No matter how much we wish it wasn’t true, the reality is that color-treated hair can start to disappear fast, even with high-end dyes and pros who know all the ins and outs of coloring.
However, with a few tricks and easy changes to hair care routine, color can stay strong and gorgeous long after it would usually fade. Of course, the best way to prevent your pretty new shade from fading into a flop is coming to our master colorists at Teddie Kossof. We have everything you could never need to get gorgeous hair and make it last!
- Don’t wash your hair too often. Your locks will be nice and clean, but you’re washing the color right out too. Dry shampoo is a must for those off days, making your hair look fresh, even without a shower. At Teddie Kossof, we have professional quality products for you to choose from.
- Beware of overusing styling tools. Heat leeches color out of hair, so think twice before break out the curling iron, flat iron, or blow dryer without some protectant spray first.
- Get smart about conditioning. Use the conditioner in your routine to help protect hair, so it looks bright and colorful for longer. Be sure to choose hair care products that are designed to protect your hair color.
- Come back in for regular appointments. Sticking to a schedule with your coloring makes sure your hair looks good around the clock, and any fading doesn’t stay for long.
- The sun is not your friend. It attacks color-treated hair and drains the hue until it’s dull. If you plan on spending a lot of time outside, bring a hat or a scarf to cover your hair. You’ll be thankful later when color still looks splendid.
You can find us at 281 North Waukegan Road in Northfield, IL, call or text us to set an appointment at (847) 999-9500, or book an appointment online. To manage appointments and more from your mobile device, download our free mobile app on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.